Keilwerth Serial Number Chart

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
My Keilwerth

I consulted the list, and it says my Keilwerth straight alto was made in 1994, at the exact moment Al Cowling and OJ Simpson were headed to OJ's house in the white Bronco.

You're right. It's a pretty specific list.

Helen, where do you get this stuff? I can't live without it.

Helen, where do you get this stuff? I can't live without it.

Ah my fine over-saxed friend ;-), in this particular case it helps when you can read and write German, and use German search engines when looking for info on German saxophones.

From The Bassic Sax Blog (Kudos to Helen):

Then this morning I happened to come across the most complete serial number chart of Julius Keilwerth saxophones that I have seen to date. This chart covers saxophones built by the J. Keilwerth company from 1925 through 2000. This chart also happens to correspond to the research conducted by German saxophone historian Uwe Ladwig.

Read more...
You do know that I've had that on my Mega Serial Number List for about two years now, right?

:p

You've been practicing up on your German then? ;-)

On the old saxpics site the link you originally provided now just goes to the saxwelt.de home page BTW. (Not that you have anything to do with that any more.)

I found your new linky yesterday after I found it through a German search engine. Had I known it was there, I could have saved myself a few steps. :emoji_astonished:

It is a sticky in our General Forum :p.

I can say that the page is hard to find in Google because I haven't -- yet -- bothered to associate my domain name with my IP address.

RE: the German websites, I did find it gratifying when I was searching them and found references to saxpics.com and thesax.info. I'm, like, internationally famous. (That and $5 will buy me a cup of hot chocolate at Starbuck's.)

Or for $10 wine in a paper cup along with some cheese. (In select locations on a trial basis.) :emoji_relaxed:

Being really famous sometimes occurs when it's too late to affect the famous person. For example - Copernicus. But then again, he kind of kept to himself. maybe it was a good idea.

Definition of famous: if your mom asks the clerk at the bookstore if they have any saxophone calendars and he responds, "No. I wish we had one. There's this guy that used to run a website called 'saxpics.com' ...."

Maybe that's the definition of "infamous." I get the two confused ....

Back
Top Bottom