Kijiji score!

Merlin

Content Expert/Moderator
Staff member
CE/Moderator
Nabbed a very nice Yamaha YCL-61 Bb clarinet from a Kijiji ad. $200 asked and gladly paid. Body is in excellent mechanical condition, pads have some life left, and most importantly, the horn plays very well. Good original case and the seller even threw in a Selmer C85/115 mouthpiece in good shape.

Hmmmmm....that's 3 Beefers for me now.

It's basically craigslist with a more graphical GUI. Way fewer people post on it however.

Depends on where you are. In the areas outside of Toronto, there's a lot more activity on Kijiji. Kijiji also allows you to set a search radius, and will find items in surrounding areas that match your search criteria.

Nice one. I'm GASing for a Yamaha at a local shop. Best playing cl in the store. I traded there for my tenor sax, and am trying to get that yammy cl! Wish I knew what model it was--he's always overpriced and sometimes inaccurate (told me my '52 10M was a '48).

Do several of the Yamaha Bb clarinets have gold key work?

Nice one. I'm GASing for a Yamaha at a local shop. Best playing cl in the store. I traded there for my tenor sax, and am trying to get that yammy cl! Wish I knew what model it was--he's always overpriced and sometimes inaccurate (told me my '52 10M was a '48).

Do several of the Yamaha Bb clarinets have gold key work?
An unanswered question?!

Yes, some of them have gold keywork. Pro level ones, of course.

Ah, thank you for answering.

So this is indicative of a generally higher-calibre horn in their line then? Hmm, I gues I should go check into it. He mentioned ~$500 I think, or maybe 400. He''s always way high, but I trade with him. It was a nice-sounding and feeling horn (save for need of a key adjustment).

Not necessarily. There are some people that think that gold-plated keywork affects the tone in some way. When I found out about that tidbit, I had to drop my faith in humanity by a couple levels.

I'm relatively sure that if you had to get nickel or silver because you were allergic to gold, silver or nickel that they could easily accommodate that request.

Back
Top Bottom