King Super 20 Tenor

I have a King Super 20 Tenor Sax serial# 333908

All the pads are intact and it just needs a good cleaning.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how much this is worth?

I have a King Super 20 Tenor Sax serial# 333908

All the pads are intact and it just needs a good cleaning.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how much this is worth?

You are in a desirable serial range. If the horn has a sterling silver neck and or "full pearls" (on the palm and RH side keys) and keycup engraving that will add value.

http://www.saxpics.com/king/s20.htm

According to my Terapeak Research service, in the past 90 days there have been 8 King Super 20 tenors sold on Ebay. The only silversonic sold for $5000. The other 7 "regular" Super 20's ranged from $2100 up to $4225 with an average of about $3100. Someone paid $1000 for one with several mangled and broken keys, and someone else paid $800 for just the body of one without a neck or any keys. I can go back an entire year, but this should give a good general idea of what folks are paying for them. The one I recently overhauled for a customer was the best made vintage sax I had ever worked on.

It has the pearl keys but the neck is very dirty to tell if its truly silver. Any suggestions for cleaning?

A fast method would be to remove the octave key and give the neck a wipe down with Tarnex using a small sponge. Rinse that off and dry the neck. Then use any gentle silver polish such as Haggertys or MAAS to bring out a rich deep shine.

Back
Top Bottom