Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Knewbie...

tumblr_n0lkvzjo4J1sl2j89o8_500.gif

Tom123, please ignore Pete. I think the heat of AZ is getting to him a bit. :)

I personally think that metal clarinets are rather interesting. Chris over at hnwhite.com occasionally has some King metal ones for sale that are downright minty. I have considered buying one, but I don't play soprano clarinet often enough to make it worthwhile to get one.

Do you play yours? Do you also have a wooden and/or hard rubber clarinet? What do you notice are the sound differences? Or are there any?

It's only 97, ATM. I think that's like 451 degrees C. Or is that Kelvin?

We did have our first day over 110 about a week and 1/2 ago. We had over 100 days over 100 (as a high temp) last year. Record is only 122.

It's only 97, ATM. I think that's like 451 degrees C. Or is that Kelvin?

We did have our first day over 110 about a week and 1/2 ago. We had over 100 days over 100 (as a high temp) last year. Record is only 122.
I don't think I'd want to be anywhere where the temperature is 451 Celsius. (You meant 309 K, also. One of the few times out of Chemistry I get to use Kelvins. :p )
And on sound differences between wooden and metal Clarinets, my (leaky) Noblet sounds fairly similar to a wooden Clarinet, though it's a bit brighter than the average wood Clarinet. (And the case stinks more, though that's because it's not been used other than by me in a very long time)
Speaking of it, does anyone know where the serial is on these? I can't find one anywhere, and I've looked in the usual places.

I've generally heard it:

0F to 100F cold to hot
0C to 100C cold to dead
0K to 100K dead to still dead

I probably use K more than most folks because that's how monitor brightness is measured. Well, at least one of the measurements.

Of course, the further joke is that Helen's in Canada, so I have fun "converting" US values into Canadian values :p:p. (I also lived very close to Toronto and Quebec -- at different times -- and my grandmother was from Newfoundland, so it's all just fun.)

Regarding the serial, I've seen a lot of French-made instruments that are stamped under a long key arm or on the reverse side of a key, particularly the keys under the left pinky. I don't remember the s/n or where it was on the Normandy Bb soprano and the Leblanc Bb contra clarinets I played 30ish years ago.

Back
Top Bottom