Legere Reeds

Last week I played bass clarinet in a symphonic band performance. The concert featured a clarinet soloist from the US Coast Guard Band.
(He sounded great!)
He was using a Legere European cut 4.50 reed. I asked him about it and he said that once it settles-in it stays good for a while.

The players in the top Military bands have access to whatever they want to use as far as reeds are concerned....and this guy uses Legere..

I use Legere European cut 3.50 reeds on my soprano clarinet but I am reluctant to use Legeres when I play in my local symphony.
(I am currently weening myself off of my Legeres and going over to cane in preparation for this weekend's orchestra series.)

Besides the usual advertisements/endorsements, do you know of any other high-end legit players that gig Legere reeds?

Why does it matter what anyone else does? If they work for you, then use them. Otherwise don't. If I heard that Chris Potter used Legere, that wouldn't make them anymore suitable for me. But I'd be happy for him.

John J. Moses is a Legere artist and uses them for everything.
Just because a musician is a "brand artist" doesn't mean that they only use that one particular brand for everything....
...and yes, I know of two (with whom I have gigged alongside and thus I saw what they were using..)

Back
Top Bottom