Administrator

Attachments

• _f_958lidl-brno-5061-08b.jpg
    _f_958lidl-brno-5061-08b.jpg
    676.7 KB · Views: 333
  • _f_957lidl-brno-5061-06b.jpg
    _f_957lidl-brno-5061-06b.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 429
Have you been able to find any info on Lidl horns? Uwe has nothing in his book about them.

BTW, I'm not so sure about "Master" part of the Master Prima horn that you have in your gallery. I have the same pics--mine aren't uploaded yet. I know the seller described it that way, but I'm not seeing it on the bell engraving.

Also, in German "Master" is spelled "Meister", so it the spelling wouldn't make sense--unless it was being made for the export market. Either way however, the visible engraving seems to have the first word end with "cer", and not "ter".

Either way however, the visible engraving seems to have the first word end with "cer", and not "ter".
I just think it's a poor choice of font. According to Google Translate, there is a Czech word "Mascer," which translates to "Masher." If you want horns named "Masher" and "The Best (Prima) Masher," I think I'm ok with that :).

(Check out this eBay ad that has a better font. It's a very Keilwerth-looking horn, but I'm not seeing a Max or Julius trademark. First impression: I'd think Amati, based on Lidl's current association.)

Hey, Lidl's got a new website. Check out http://www.josef-lidl.com.

Back
Top Bottom