Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

MartinMods

As Pete hints, the subject is touchy and has slipped into one of the stormiest thread on another forum (guess which one). My 2 (Swiss) cents is that I ordered several off-the-shelf and customs shank extenders (for small-chamber mpcs to be used on old Conns or Martins) from Martinmods and have been very happy with them (quick delivery, fair prices). However, caution, precise wording of the order and close monitoring seem to be exercised when entrusting MM with a sax to modifiy.
J

Thanks guys, I had no idea this is a touchy subject...but thanks for advice. I am happy to take a risk and order some stuff from MM.

As Pete hints, the subject is touchy and has slipped into one of the stormiest thread on another forum (guess which one). My 2 (Swiss) cents is that I ordered several off-the-shelf and customs shank extenders (for small-chamber mpcs to be used on old Conns or Martins) from Martinmods and have been very happy with them (quick delivery, fair prices). However, caution, precise wording of the order and close monitoring seem to be exercised when entrusting MM with a sax to modifiy.
J
In a general sense, the WF Admin team doesn't discuss why a particular user isn't here anymore. Hey, there have actually been a couple that just wanted to leave and have their accounts deactivated, so it's sometimes a benign reason. What I definitely can say is that provided a) you haven't been kicked off another forum because of, say, threatening someone (and it's been brought to our attention) or b) aren't a known spammer, we're don't ban you from here unless you break our rules. Those rules boil down to, "Be nice to everyone, don't overly annoy the CEs and/or Admins and don't spam." In any event, we've got the written disclaimer of, "Your membership here doesn't necessarily mean that we approve of your product/business practices/etc.," someplace :).

Annnyyyhow, I do think that before you buy anything and/or patronize any business, you should do some checking on the business through the Better Business Bureau, your local equivalent and just doing a Google search.

A good reputation in the saxophone business community is kind of like your virginity. Once it is lost . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom