Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Moeck Recorders

Hi everyone.
I'm Julio, live in Spain and play guitar.
What am I doing here, you may ask?

A client of mine has asked me to help him out. His wife has deceased and wants to sell her recorders, as he is going through a bit of a financial bad patch.

As I said, I'm a guitarists and don't know the first thing about recorders...:oops:

So I wanted to ask you guys what these instruments are and what is he likely to fetch for them.
I hope this post is appropriate.

There are 4 in total. 1 in a box and 3 in another one.
The one on its own is HUGE ( nearly 1 metre long) and looks fairly expensive. Its Moeck, brass rings, 5 pieces ( including the metal, mouth piece blowy thing) looks like maple.Has 6 holes( two with those metal things.. I know, I have no idea...). Leather case Looks like case is original. I'm told its a recorder, but looks like an Oboe....

The others seem more "normal"

- Moeck 3 piece, brass rings
- Yamaha 3 piece
- Eric Hellinger - 3 piece.

I better post a pic of them all, right? :emoji_rolling_eyes:

I'll do that this afternoon.

Any assistance is appreciated
Peace
Julio

There are 4 in total. 1 in a box and 3 in another one.
The one on its own is HUGE ( nearly 1 metre long) and looks fairly expensive. Its Moeck, brass rings, 5 pieces ( including the metal, mouth piece blowy thing) looks like maple.Has 6 holes( two with those metal things.. I know, I have no idea...). Leather case Looks like case is original. I'm told its a recorder, but looks like an Oboe....

The others seem more "normal"

- Moeck 3 piece, brass rings
- Yamaha 3 piece
- Eric Hellinger - 3 piece.

I better post a pic of them all, right? :emoji_rolling_eyes:

I'll do that this afternoon.

Any assistance is appreciated
Peace
Julio

Yep, pics would be most helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed
DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_0865.jpg

DSC_0867.jpg

DSC_0866.jpg

DSC_0868.jpg

Could the big one be Bass recorder?

Thanks guys!

Julio

Could the big one be Bass recorder?

Thanks guys!

Julio

Yes, the large one is a bass recorder with a bocal and direct blow cap. Last time I saw one like that for sale used in Toronto, it was fetching around a $1000 CDN.

It looks like a complete set - sopranino, soprano, alto, tenor and bass.

The Yamaha tenor is the older model with only a low C key instead of the dual C/C# key. That can be retrofitted. It's plastic, so resale is low, but they play wonderfully.

Don't know about values on the others, but if you check them against Moeck's current offerings, you should be able to figure out which models they are.

I understand that the bocal and the direct cap are interchangeable, right?

I cant seem to get the direct cap off, and I dont want to break it.
Am I missing something here?

Julio

I understand that the bocal and the direct cap are interchangeable, right?

I cant seem to get the direct cap off, and I dont want to break it.
Am I missing something here?

Julio

Most people prefer the direct cap, so if it's been in place a while, it may be stuck to the cork.

Might be best to take it to a repair tech.

Hi Julio,

I have just joined this forum and read with interest your message. If your friend is still looking for a new home for the bass recorder I would be interested in purchasing it, along with the other Moeck!

Hello to everyone on the forum. :)

Jackie

Back
Top Bottom