Montreux clarinet?

CSO = clarinet shaped object
Something that looks like a clarinet, but may not feel or sound like one...

I like that lol

what I noticed on that picture was the tonehole chimneys looked like shiny black plastic, but the body was a faded duller black.
The body looked like rubber that was left in the sun for a bit. Looked like a rubber clarinet with plastic tonehole inserts - or maybe it was a poorly brushed plastic as around the joint edges the "brushing" or fading is inconsistent in the lower joint.

Add to that the spatula keys look like they are interfering with each other. So probably soft key metal which leads to nothing but irritation and either stop playing the instrument or replacing it.

Either way stay away from it. A low priced clarinet with a name no one has ever heard of is not something you want to try to learn how to play clarinet on.

I always recommend at least a Yamaha, Selmer USA (though they get a bad rap the student line are normally built like a tank) even Buffets, Normandy/Noblets etc. So many decent used instruments out there there is no reason to find such a cheap unknown brand.

Thanks for the info Steve. Its tough when you know nothing about a certain instrument. So easy to get suckered.

Back
Top Bottom