Mouthpiece Reference Sites

Re: Mouthpiece Reference Site Mouthpiece Museum

Credit to Theo Wanne for the above. The gentleman that runs http://www.mouthpiecemuseum.com asked me for advice, in the past, and I said, "Hook up with Mr. W because he's already GOT a lot of good stuff. See if you can do something together." Looking at the note on Theo's 'site, they are.

See also http://www.theowanne.com/mouthpieces101/BergLarsen.php.

(I've "talked" with Theo Wanne via e-mail, in the past. Lotsa mouthpiece knowledge, there.)

Re: Mouthpiece Reference Site Mouthpiece Museum

Mouthpiece Sound Comparisons

I found this website a few years back when I was looking for something completely different. There are only a few thousand mouthpieces listed. The guy needs more content :).

Yes, I'll probably add a real reference area in the future. And get Ed to start spelling "mouthpiece" with an "h". :D

As previously discussed. I type really fast and miss letters sometimes. If Firefox doesn't catch it or I don't notice . . . well.

Nice to see the Mouthpiece Museum discussed here!

I am the curator of this web site, which took it's inspiration from Theo Wanne's mouthpiece museum (as Pete mentioned), with who I am on excellent terms, as with most mouthpiece makers. The Mouthpiece Museum is vendor neutral and an effort that is driven by the community, so if you have mouthpieces that you would like to see included in the Mouthpiece Museum, just send pictures to "info @ mouthpiecemuseum.com". I just started the web site a few months ago, so stay tuned for much more to come! :D

Giganova said:
Nice to see the Mouthpiece Museum discussed here!

I am the curator of this web site, which took it's inspiration from Theo Wanne's mouthpiece museum (as Pete mentioned), with who I am on excellent terms, as with most mouthpiece makers. The Mouthpiece Museum is vendor neutral and an effort that is driven by the community, so if you have mouthpieces that you would like to see included in the Mouthpiece Museum, just send pictures to "info @ mouthpiecemuseum.com". I just started the web site a few months ago, so stay tuned for much more to come! :D
I'm pete and I support this idea.

I could scan some Rascher 'pieces ....

I'll see if I can FIND them. I'm fairly sure that, even if I can, I don't have the ligatures. But, if you don't mind a scanner, I think I can get you pics.

Gig,

Is there anything else that you are in need of. I have a lot of pieces and would be happy to contribute.

Ed

I said "a lot" :D

I counted not too long ago and it might have been as high as 150.

The worst part is that I have some killer pieces that I'll never play as they're not my style but since I inherited a few of those I won't ever get rid of them either. My son will have some awesome choices to discover his own sound though. I can see it now, "So you want to play tenor . . . Do you want the Florida Link or the Great Neck or maybe one of these Morgan's? How about something I worked on?" It'll kill me if he says something like "just give me a stock Link". :p

I have one of those since my first horn was a Bundy II.

I sound a lot better on it now than I did 25 years ago. :D

Hi Giganova

Would you be interested in some pictures of Couesnon Monopole mouthpieces? I have soprano, tenor and baritone in HR and a metal alto.

Also have a alto slant sig link with WT stamped on the table - which I understand means it was faced by Wolfe Tayne in the 50s.

Something else I can't see on your list, I have an old soprano Buescher I could photograph.

Tasters below!
CouesnonBaritonebaffleandchamber.jpg

CouesnonBaritonelogo.jpg
Couesnontenorlogo.jpg
Couesnonsopranologo.jpg

Chris

I have a Couesnon alto piece in my collection. Nice piece.

Back
Top Bottom