Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

My 16V Websiteage

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it's contained in my article about the Conn New Wonder saxophones. I added some more info after I got some comments from Gandalfe. It's now about half the page. I've also uploaded pics of four of the best/rarest examples. See http://thesax.info/?p=921.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude! How small resolution are ya using? It takes up less than 1/2 a 1680x1050 screen.

(Thanks for telling me, though. I'll adjust it.)

Dude! How small resolution are ya using? It takes up less than 1/2 a 1680x1050 screen.

Try a netbook (1024x600) for a change. ;-)

The trick is to press the down arrow while the menu is being shown - everything neatly scrolls down, including the menu. Just don't move the mouse off the menu, or you have to start again.

Kewl! Full circle. That horn was sold waaaay back in 2007, according to the date stamp on the pics.

(Thanks for telling me, though. I'll adjust it.)
I use the same screen resolution as you do but my IE is set to 125%. So many variable. I screen is about four feet from me when I'm playing the sax and stuff. I always forget to adjust it back.

The link to the Sarrusophone and Rothphone stuff is way cool. I'm glad it didn't totally disappear.

I use the same screen resolution as you do but my IE is set to 125%. So many variable. I screen is about four feet from me when I'm playing the sax and stuff. I always forget to adjust it back.

The link to the Sarrusophone and Rothphone stuff is way cool. I'm glad it didn't totally disappear.
Those links are the only "original" data I was able to find when I was looking for info awhile ago. I saved copies of each, in case they disappear forever.

If any of these articles disappear from the net, the Gunther Joppig article, which is very good, can usually be found in the Journal of the American Musical Instrument Society at any large public library (Remember those?) or with an interlibrary loan.
The single reed contrabass sarrusophone mouthpiece resembles a vintage alto sax mouthpiece with a very short shank and a small hole near the bottom of the back for the bocal. It uses alto sax reeds.
Here is a mechanical drawing of the Conn mouthpiece I made before selling my sarrusophone. The brown wooden mouthpiece included with the very nice sarrusophone offered by Quinn on ebay is not original.

Last edited:
Nice, but...

...would it have killed you to have gotten a bit more artsy/decoratif with the mouthpiece shank there? It looks very machine age, what with the flat face and all.

Perhaps a series of two or three rings on a gradually decreasing diameter shank. Or, better yet, the same rings on a gradually decreasing diameter shank that asymmetrically tapers down to the bocal opening. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I've done quite a bit of manually controlled metal lathe work in my time, but even with computer directed milling machines, I can't see an easy way around my cute solution...

Back
Top Bottom