Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

NASA at University of South Carolina week of 4/14/2008

"I'm not just a member I'm ..."

Well, just a member.

It's a bit far for me, I'm sorry to say.

I'm surprised that more of these events aren't held in Chicago.

I mean think about it. There's a major airport (actually we have two big airports) and lots of convention space. We have multiple major universities. Northwestern has a nice saxophone program. We have the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. We have lots of great jazz clubs. We're cheaper than New York. We have better food. I live here so I wouldn't have to travel :)

How is the Seattle Symphony? I've heard good things about it and I think the CSO hired their head person from there.

The Seattle Symphony is going strong and I'm guessing now selling out about 80% of the time. Our music director is Gerard Schwarz:

Renowned American conductor Gerard Schwarz celebrates his 23rd season as Seattle Symphony Music Director in the 2007?2008 season. Under Schwarz's artistic leadership, the Symphony has evolved into one of the world's finest orchestras. His vast repertoire, including his devotion to the music of our time, has earned him praise both in concerts worldwide and on recordings, for his compelling sensitivity and extraordinary depth. Maestro Schwarz is Principal Conductor of the Eastern Music Festival and serves on the NEA's National Council on the Arts.

The Benaroya Hall is only a couple years old and stunning. I don't expect Seattle to lose their symphony anytime in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom