Neotech's New Super Harness

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
I was looking at the new Super Harness from Neotech and thinking this might not be a bad thing to try. (Note they are less than $26 on Music123 this week.) I use a Neotech strap so that I can go from tenor to alto to bari. On my bass, where this would really be appreciated I taken to just tilting my SaxRax the way Jay Easton does for all his big brass including bari.

medium_XEP-0qFmcy.jpg

One Neotech rep sez this about the Super Harness:

"The Super Harness does do a much better job of distributing the weight through its neoprene yoke that effectively conforms to the contours of neck, back and shoulders.

There are so many challenges in designing sax harnesses. From the aesthetics to the functionality I don't think that any manufacturer has yet come up with something to please everybody! But that doesn't mean that we stop trying!

We're always looking to improve our straps & harnesses, and sometimes there will be small things that are easy to miss. We recently changed the hardware for the hook on the Super Harness so that as the length is adjusted, the side straps that go around the body conform better. It's a subtle change, but the subtleties are often what it's about. We also modified the slider adjuster in a effort to make them stay put better."

Last edited:
Maybe for the big saxophones, but those thick Neotech neck pieces are a fatal-flaw in their product, for me. DAVE

For what it's worth, I'm using this contraption and it does a good job. On the plus side, it comes in white which is neat if you're playing in white shirt attire. The hook is great, and there's all sorts of zips and rags to pull and adjust till it's comfortable.

(No affiliation with the manufacturer or seller)

I have the harness you pictured. It isn't all that new. I've had it for a while. I can't play bari without it. It makes a bari possible to carry for a full set standing up. (I'm neither very big nor very young.)

It makes a tenor seem weightless. The tenor and bari settings are the same on me, so there's no readjustment when doubling.

I use the regular Neotech strap when the gig is tenor alone. It's a lot more comfortable on the neck than a traditional skinny neck strap.

I highly recommend both.

I use the Neotech strap mentioned as well. It's the best strap I have found for bari.

Back
Top Bottom