Never - Ever order anything from Music & Arts

Never - Ever order anything from Music & Arts (musicarts.com)

Why? I'd say zero customer service, but it's worse than that. It's negative customer service. They lie to get you off the phone and then do not follow up.

I placed an order for 4 items, the website said they were in stock. In a few days half arrives with no indication whether the rest has been back-ordered or if it's coming in a separate shipment. I figured I should be patient and wait a couple of days. When nothing showed up I decided to give them a call.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 I called their customer service number and the rep said she would e-mail the ordering department and give me an answer by the end of the day. I told her if I was out, leave the details on the answering machine. Music & Arts did not call

Wednesday, December 18 2019 I tried customer service again. The rep apologized and said I would e-mail shipping get an answer by the end of the day. It was a lie, I did not get a return call.

Thursday, December 19, 2019 same thing. I ask if she can call shipping and give me a definite "Yes" or "No" whether you have these products or not. She said she can't call, only e-mail and I'll get a return call by the end of the day. Again, it was another lie, no return call.

Friday December 20, 2019, same thing. The rep said she would e-mail shipping, I explain that hasn't worked. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she said she would have one call me by the end of the day. Of course, I got neither a call about shipping nor a call from a supervisor - more lies.

Saturday December 21, 2019 I called twice. Once in the morning and the rep said that he would e-mail shipping again and definitely have a supervisor call me by the end of the day. More lies.

Saturday December 21, 2019, i call back at almost closing time, because no shipping department or supervisor called, and the evening rep said supervisors don't work on the weekend, and she would e-mail shipping again.

Lies, lies, lies.

You have been warned, do not order from this sorry excuse for a music company.

Standard disclaimer: I have no horse in this race. I'm not planning on buying any musical instrument or anything music-related within the next several years except maybe a reed or two, CDs, MP3s, and/or a new clock radio.

===

I wouldn't necessarily call them "lies." I would call it, "Failure to follow through with promises."

My company happens to have an outsourced helpdesk and I have caught them saying things like, "I'll have IT call you back as soon as possible." Dude. You work for another company than I do. You can't promise that I'll do anything. Just say that you'll create a ticket with the appropriate severity level and that you'll e-mail the person that you think will be the one that'll fix the problem.

My management has been working with them to help them change this behavior.

FWIW, I did head on over to the Better Business Bureau and there are 308 complaints in the past 3 years. 77 of those have been closed in the last year. Googling "musicarts.com" complaints also comes back with a bunch of hits. Also note that musicarts.com is part of the Guitar Center empire.

Thanks.

When someone says they will follow up and call me by the end of the day, and they do not call, even if is only to say "I don't know yet" I call it a lie.

Once or twice can be forgiven, as people make mistakes and things fall between the cracks. But every day with a different sales rep promising a call back and not calling back is not a mistake but a pattern.

I'll be asking for a refund on Monday, and if I don't get it, I'll be initiating a charge-back. I hate to do that.

This is the first time I've felt I had to warn others about a company. Usually the posts I make about a company is a recommendation when they go above and beyond, but I feel if I warn my forum friends, they wouldn't have to go through this.

Sadly,
Notes

Sometime in recent months I e mailed them to ask if they'd be interested in stocking my book. Haven't hear back.

TMHeimer, probably better off that way.

Follow up: I eventually did get my refund, and got what I wanted elsewhere.

Every business should be in the customer service business.

Notes

They deserved that.

I run two businesses, my band and my Band-in-a-Box aftermarket business.

There are two rules to follow:

1) Do business in the way you would like to be treated if you were the customer

2) Problems will occur. When they do, resolve it a way that will make the customer glad he/she had the problem.

Problems are an opportunity to gain a customer for life, or lose a customer for life.

Notes

Back
Top Bottom