Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

New forum member

I just joined. I see under my Mojo name that I have been labeled as a New Woodwind Player. This is odd to see when I have been playing woodwinds for 45 years. Perhaps New Forum Member would be a better tag.

Hi there Mojo. Good to see you here.

Perhaps New Forum Member would be a better tag.

+1. I've always thought something along those lines too. That said, I wasn't an admin when the WF first started, so I don't know why that particular tag was chosen. It's something that Pete and Jim and I could look at though.

I just joined. I see under my Mojo name that I have been labeled as a New Woodwind Player. This is odd to see when I have been playing woodwinds for 45 years. Perhaps New Forum Member would be a better tag.
+1. I've always thought something along those lines too. That said, I wasn't an admin when the WF first started, so I don't know why that particular tag was chosen. It's something that Pete and Jim and I could look at though.
I don't remember the exact conversation an I'm too lazy to find it, now. FWIW, I really don't care that much about the titles in any way, just provided folks know who's an admin or content expert. I am in favor of admins giving people titles, though :p.

So, Jim and Helen, talk amongst yourselves. It's easy enough to change, if I can remember where the setting is ....

I changed the titles. I wasn't terribly creative, so if anyone has another suggestion, please post and Helen, Jim, and I will consider it. Helen and/or Jim, if you two want to be more creative, I have no problem changing things for you and/or adding more titles. You can PM me, e-mail me, or post in the Admin forum.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27.9 KB · Views: 312
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.7 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Thanks Pete. I was going to change Mojo's title, but since I'm the new kid on the admin block, I thought I'd leave it up to you.

No worries.

As Jim mentioned above, he and I have changed user titles whenever we know the person coming in.

I got un-lazy and found the original thread. It also mentions the color-coded user titles. My last quote in the thread is still applicable: "I'm still waiting for bribes from folks to change titles. Hey, you could bribe me to change someone else's title. And I'm cheap."

Back
Top Bottom