New Palm Key Risers

Got a new one out. Introductory pricing through 3/18

http://cosmos-industrial.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=39

These unique palm key risers are CNC machined from solid plastic. The T-slot shaped cutout slides over the palm key and plastic set screws lock them in place.

Features:

Low mass
Secured with plastic set screws that will not mar the saxophone
3 sizes to choose from. Mix and match as needed.
Made from solid Delrin plastic. Delrin is very strong, considered the workhorse of plastics.
Textured top and ergonomic curvature.

Attachments

• 3008-100.JPG
    3008-100.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 347
  • sm.jpg
    sm.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 318
If you're handy you can try a trick I use. Hot melt glue is cheap and sticks just enough make a permanent riser. It also comes off without any problems (doesn't mark or peel the lacquer). It takes a little practice to form the riser and some patience, but you can make it to any height and configuration as necessary. It can also be "post worked" using a propane cigarette lighter to smooth out any folds or rough spots. The most challenging way I've used hot melt was to reform a ring type thumb hook on an old Martin soprano. If any of you have used one of these ring configurations you'll know how uncomfortable they are. I molded it to be wider with an angel that is precisely the angle of my thumb while holding the sax. At the same time I added a ring that's at the top end of the thumb ring so that I can use a strap. Hot melt is magic stuff, but takes some time to get used to molding. I'm NOT recommending using it to glue in pads though.

Back
Top Bottom