New Recordings of Roger's Tunes

Roger Aldridge

Composer in Residence
Distinguished Member
Woodwind Forum Friends,

New recordings of my tunes have been added to my Reverbnation, Facebook, and American Music Center pages.

Here's a link to Reverbnation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/rogeraldridge

The tunes include Blues for Lester; PI, Why?; and Toads. These are contemporary jazz pieces that use a violin with a jazz quartet (tenor sax, guitar, bass, drums). I'm especially happy with how Blues for Lester turned out. It's not easy music. Jason Shapiro plays a really nice tenor solo on that track.

Please give them a listen. If you like the music and would like to have a copy of the leadsheets, you can download the music from my composer's page at the American Music Center.

Thanks, Roger

More info about the music....

BLUES FOR LESTER is my personal favorite. It has funk, blues, jazz, and a hint of new music all rolled into one tune.

"PI, WHY?" has also been receiving a good number of positve comments. This tune is based on using PI as a sequence of melodic intervals. However, it doesn't sound overly mental or academic. It has a good groove.

TOADS has been growing on me. This recording is just a one-chorus tune demo. I've started to hear it as invoking a 1950's style movie with mutant creatures wreaking havoc on a small town.... ha ha

GOODBYE TO SUMMER is a reflective, gentle bossa nova that features the violin with the rhythm section. Smoking guitar solo!

HERON ON AN ICY POND is a jazzy waltz with the violin and rhythm section. The recording is just a one-chorus tune demo.

The new recordings include an improved demo of BUZZARDS IN LOVE (for wind ensemble). The quality of sound is better on this MP3 than the one I had before. The demo is a rough approximation of how the piece sounds with a live band. The score has improvisation in several pieces which, of course, cannot be included in this demo.

The musicians on the recordings are: Amy Leonard, violin; Jason Shapiro, tenor saxophone; E. Shawn Qaissaunee, guitar; Peter McCarthy, bass; Skip Rohrich,drums. All of them perform in the Philly area.

Back
Top Bottom