Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

New to Forum

Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Erm, I am a CPA located in New Orleans LA, USA. I played Clarinet through high school, and my first year of college. I stopped playing to focus on my studies, and I am now picking it back up.

I own a Leblanc Concerto (recently reacquired) as well as Leblanc Classic II. I prefer the sound of the Concerto. I guess I consider myself more of an enthusiast. I was very good in high school placing very high in the All-State, and State lions bands. I can no longer play anywhere near that level but am enjoying playing again. I am excited to read and see all the information this forum has, and hope when I have questions you all can help me out!

Looking forward to learning, and playing my instruments again!

Seth

Welcome to the WWF. It's great that you picked the horn back up. I almost sold my horns and quit playing during graduate school. Fortunately I didn't and I've been playing enthusiastically for almost 40 years since that time, and am really glad I didn't pack it in.

When the stress of April 15th (and October 15th) rolls around, picking up your horn and playing will keep you sane.

I know a lot of people who are starting to play instruments they used to play in high school. Heck, I had 28 year break from music performance when I started back up in 2001. So much fun, I advise my grandkids and such to do something in high school that they can do the rest of their lives like music, chess, tennis, etc. Football isn't on that list.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Yes it is absolutely a great tool to help me relax. I actually had to get my beginner books out to refresh my memory on reading music. Fortunately its like a bicycle. I am picking it back up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom