Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Old New Guy

While browsing the forum I've noticed others who have come back to playing after many years away. I left being a mediocre high school clarinetist in 1964 and never touched a woodwind again until 2014 when I bought a LeBlanc Noblet similar to mine fifty years ago. I've been striving to gain back my mediocrity with great motivation. I'll be looking here for all clues to improve my performance and support my interest. 'looking forward to what's available, Stewart

Sure, Pete, but I left them with the hors devours platters in the foyer when I first entered the "Gathering Zone". Maybe those guys ate them, - I'm still trying to find my way about!

Welcome to the party CPT. (Yeah, I'm retired Army.) After ~30 years I returned to music performance too. I spent the first ten years back taking lessons, sometimes from as many as three instructors. Now with my own band, I am joined with my wife and having so much fun. A two hour practice seems like 5 minutes to me. But I would not be where I am now without lessons, some of which were taken using the barter system. If you live close to the Emerald City, I can give you a "what I wish I knew when I was in school" lesson. I've given it over 20 times, sometimes for money, mostly as charity and it has been very well received.

........................... But I would not be where I am now without lessons, some of which were taken using the barter system. If you live close to the Emerald City, I can give you a "what I wish I knew when I was in school" lesson. I've given it over 20 times, sometimes for money, mostly as charity and it has been very well received.

I like the thought of lessons although I'm far from the Pacific Northwest. I am attentive to the online instructions from Michele Anderson's Clarinet Mentors, but a land-based lesson regimen would be difficult for me. My wife and I live aboard our ketch and cruise with the seasons from Maine to the Bahamas. We don't spend a lengthy period of time in any one place and we have not owned a car since 2002. There may be other online sources of instruction that would do well for me. Thanks, Stewart

Back
Top Bottom