Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Pete's Production Yani Website

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
http://thesax.info/makesandmodelslist/category/japanese/yanagisawa

Comment:

* I have not updated this 'site in a long while. Some of the info is incorrect. However, it does have some Yani articles and info I haven't put on the test website, yet, like the complete timeline.
* Yes, I know the banner is of a woman reading. That's the default for the WordPress theme. I haven't bothered fixing it.

New theme. Yani articles updated. I still have to work on some visual stuff, but it looks pretty good from here. It's also iPad friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I decided to work on my own website a bit, today. I needed a little break from working on this forum.

I'm slowly trying to move all my posts regarding specific makes and models from my blog(s) to pages in my picture gallery. I've decided to work on Yanagisawa, first. You can see some of what I'm doing at http://thesax.info/piwigo/index.php?/category/WOSeries. Those big, friendly buttons at the top of the page are what I've added. I also rebuilt the catalog table for the WO Series horns. That came out quite nicely.http://thesax.info/Piwigo_Pages/Yanagisawa/WO_Catalog_Prices_and_Pics.html

There's much more work to do, but this made me a bit happy :).

Last edited:
Looks really good Pete. I know how much work this is. I don't know how you do all this; deal with the WF; as well as hold down a job and have a family life.

Me, I just barely have enough energy to put in a few hours in the am on my websites, and then I am finished for the day. Having a neuro problem sucks... :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks and yes, yes it does. I just took some headache meds :D. And, hey, what's this "family life" thing I keep hearing about?

I'm actually making a somewhat concerted effort to at least get something small done every day. Kind of a New Year's resolution. I can easily sit back and surf the web/watch TV all the time, though. That's very seductive.

Anyhow, the thing about moving some of my stuff onto my picture gallery is because I eventually realized that if I was able to get my blog pages as I wanted them, there'd be no reason to have a picture gallery. I then started hunting for some good CSS and Javascript code for those buttons. It's fairly easy to set up and use, once I figured it out.

I did a couple of stealth updates. I changed the table code on the 90x, 981, 99x and WO series pages (click the blue buttons with orange lettering at the top of the page). They're much easier to read and are resizable. I've also added the WO series straight sopranos, which were introduced in September.

I have had this for 37 years, just would like some infomation about it.

11889592_10206172286365212_7829952692872253952_n.jpg
11855653_10206172285605193_741176682904584235_n.jpg
11095239_10206172285125181_5569078107908469640_n.jpg

It's an August 1970 A-4 Eb alto. You can compare and contrast with this October 1970 horn. The A-4 is a step down from the pro model, but it's not a bad horn. "Super" is just a stencil name.

I thought it could be an A-4 but all the other ones that i've seen have A-4 stamped on it before the serial number. Again, thank you for your help.

Yanagisawa is very inconsistent in what they stamp and where they stamp. I've noted probably a dozen miss-stamped serial numbers. No model number is par for the course until the 900-series or even later. So, while I do look at the serial number, I also look at the horn. It's a reality check for both me and the serial number chart.

Happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom