Pete's Yanagisawa Test Website

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
Comments:

* The #1 idea behind this website is to try to be as pretty as possible. This was created mainly to show off some of my 1337 WordPress, HTML, and CSS coding skillz to prospective employers.
* It doesn't have as much data as my other websites, but it's got the most recent Yanagisawa info I have.
* As with all testing websites, betas, etc. some things may not work right. You can drop me a line and tell me, but I may not get around to fixing it quickly and/or I might completely redesign whatever feature.
* If someone wants to pay me to get a better slider software, please do. The retail version of the slider is $59.

Now in production. Not perfect, but still pretty nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.

So, the "pretty as possible" started becoming "as annoying as possible," primarily because I had to keep up with updates to all my little WordPress plugins, which would then break something else. So, I swung completely back to the other side: no plugins except what comes with the default install of WordPress. The only exception is that I'm not using one of the default WordPress themes. So, this is the current test website.

Oh wow,
Yanagisawa makes saxophone?
When did they start doing that ?
I thought Yanagisawa was just some tennis guru
haha-haha

I didn't know of the horns before the 800 series. Interesting information.
Some pics of the horns at awkward angles you may want to adjust/crop.

Don't they make cars? ;) .... As I run quickly from the building and hide in bushes to avoid the angry mob. :D

I love my yani B992 big boy. Can't remember who took these pictures, but they clearly show a very fine instrument.

Bell.jpgBow.jpgCurl.jpgEngraving.jpgneck.jpgSide.jpg

Yup. The 9x2 models are all bronze. You can also get additional silver plate, gold plate, or pink gold plate over the bronze.

I've read that Yani also made flutes, Steve and Helen. I'd think it's possible they dipped into other markets -- kinda like how J. Keilwerth made brasswinds for a brief time -- but I didn't see much info about that. Or maybe I did, but it was in Japanese :).

I tend not to adjust pics because I have multiple thousands of them. Too much work.

Didn't Yanagisawa originally make Trumpets and Cornets?
and Muramatsu (of flute fame) tutored under him.
and Yamaha musical instruments beginners are tied to Yanagisawa

Then they lost their way and started making saxes.

Is Yanagisawa still independent ?

Keilwerth did make trumpets. I think the H Couf trumpets were actually Keilwerths labels with odd names like "Superba I" & cornet "Royalist".
The Superba I's has Rolled tube ends for the slides and the Royalists were straight cut ends :)
I nearly bought one a few years ago that popped up in the Detroit market.

Yamaha, or more accurately, Nikkan, was part of Yani. Takanobu Yanagisawa only wanted to concentrate on sax and sold off Nikkan in 1955.

Annotated timeline.

AFAIK, Yani's still their own company. Leblanc, which is now part of Conn-Selmer, is just a distributor.

Back
Top Bottom