PipeTunes.com

So ChasR,

As a bagpiper from southeastern PA, I have to ask if you went to Liberty HS in Bethlehem.

So ChasR,

As a bagpiper from southeastern PA, I have to ask if you went to Liberty HS in Bethlehem.
IIRC, they are the HS with their own pipe band, right?
No, I went to Philly schools, once upon a time when there was an actual music program.
Incidentally, the third-ranked piper in all of North America lives just outside Bethlehem.
(And virtual gold medal for you, if you have a pipe joke I havent yet heard! :emoji_smile: )

Yes, and quite a pipe band it is (or at least was). I went to Lehigh back in the mid-70's, and I want to say they had at least 40 pipers in the band back then. They must have started them in pre-school!

The other big high school in Bethlehem was Freedom, and they had a big fife and drum corps. So every year, it was the Brits vs. the Yanks. Quite a rivalry, and a lot of musical talent to boot.

Yes, and quite a pipe band it is (or at least was). I went to Lehigh back in the mid-70's, and I want to say they had at least 40 pipers in the band back then. ...

Have you had a go at the pipes yourself, then saxhound?
40 is a huge number of pipers. The majority of bands in the NE corridor today are much smaller. Average pipeband would be say, 12-16 pipes, 6-8 drums.

No, I'm not a piper. The closest I came was playing a little practice pipe that belonged to a fraternity brother. He was a Liberty alum.

Back
Top Bottom