Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Plier orgy

I hope the name isn't offensive, my ex-girlfriend came up with it and I just liked this photo :)

7214513648_ba5326f3ed_b.jpg

And you think converting it to B&W makes it less pr0n and more artistic? :)

I just hope these pliers know how to protect themselves...

What a great photo!

And I don't find the title offensive at all... But then I have used the sax/sex play on words to death on my website. :emoji_rage:

On occasions, I have been persuaded (by my own inner self) to buy complete sets of tools, such as wrenches, pliers, pry bars and the like. While I may never end up using all members of the set, it's a nice feeling to know that they are there if the occasion calls for them. This person apparently had thoughts along the same lines.

The old saying back in the 1960s was something along the lines of "The right tool for the right job, Mr. Smith" (usually accompanied by a cheesecake photo of a young starlet of the moment).

(Excuse me while I pause to think about a young Diana Dors...she's gone now (23 October 1931 – 4 May 1984), but the image lives on.)

The only problem with this approach is that if there is an adolescent male in the household, the tools tend to get checked out but not returned. Then, ten years down the road, you lift up something in the storage room and there is your missing torque wrench.

Ask me how I know...

Last edited:
On occasions, I have been persuaded (by my own inner self) to buy complete sets of tools, such as wrenches, pliers, pry bars and the like. While I may never end up using all members of the set, it's a nice feeling to know that they are there if the occasion calls for them. This person apparently had thoughts along the same lines.
Actually, just the opposite. No pliers here came as part of a set and each was chosen specifically. Except some that I got for free when their previous owners didn't need them anymore (luckily these turned out to be useful too). Althoguh some of them are not as useful as I was hoping they would be, I'm glad that only one is completely useless. OTOH, one of my most expensive pairs was great at first... then I made two pliers, each from $5 regular pliers, and it became useless... :)

He who dies with the most pliers wins. :)
The more pliers you have the more likely they will plot against you... :)

Nitai, you may have just invented "tool art". Here are a few variations of your photo (courtesy of Corel Photo Paint).

Nitaispliers3.jpg

Nitaispliersedited.jpg

Nitaispliersedited2.jpg

Like it. There's one set there that looks as if it came out of a Japanese motorcycle toolkit, but the rest look really interesting.

Now, art and cheese (Jayne Mansfield anyone?) aside can we have some solo/action shots of the specials with a description of how they work please?

John, I really like that first one. Plier fossils! :)
Maybe some day an archaologist will find evidence to the existence of a creature that is long gone... the "woodwind repairer"...

Like it. There's one set there that looks as if it came out of a Japanese motorcycle toolkit, but the rest look really interesting.
I guess you mean the all metal dirty looking ones? I got this from my father and I think maybe he got them from his. They are very old but great! I have used them a few times (don't really remember for what) but mostly they are just the best for removing old tenon and neck corks (without damaging the instruments of crouse).

Now, art and cheese (Jayne Mansfield anyone?) aside can we have some solo/action shots of the specials with a description of how they work please?
The three specialized key adjusting pliers are explained in the thread about them. The other pliers are shown in almost any repair book and some catalogues. For example you can look at Boehm's catalogue for some photos showing how pliers are used. If there is one that you are interested in specifically let me know and I'll explain.

Back
Top Bottom