Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Problem in playing E3 on G clarinet

Hi Dears.

Sometimes when i play clarinet i want to perform E3 but the clarinet produces B4 ( even without holding register key!!?? ).
i'm new to clarinet ,where is the problem?
  1. My Clarinet ??
  2. My mouth and lips Postition ?

I use vandoren 7jb mouthpiece with G clarinet and 1/5 prim roseau reed.
I guess the problem is associated with the length of head of mouthpiece that I keep in my mouth,what is your opinion ?

please guide me.

Excuse me for my English.

Do you have a a new or old G clarinet? Albert keywork or modern keywork ?
How long have you been playing clarinet?
How long have you had your current clarinet? is this a new problem all of a sudden or consistent?
Do you have a teacher ?

Can you play test someone else's clarinet, and them your clarinet as a test ?

Air stream and embouchure is very important on clarinet. You lower lip position is the important part of the embouchure.
you are also using a very soft reed.
But from your brief info I would suspect a leak on the instrument. Though it's very hard to know over the internet.

Do you have a a new or old G clarinet? Albert keywork or modern keywork ?
How long have you been playing clarinet?
How long have you had your current clarinet? is this a new problem all of a sudden or consistent?
Do you have a teacher ?

Can you play test someone else's clarinet, and them your clarinet as a test ?

Air stream and embouchure is very important on clarinet. You lower lip position is the important part of the embouchure.
you are also using a very soft reed.
But from your brief info I would suspect a leak on the instrument. Though it's very hard to know over the internet.

Thank you steve.
I have a new G clarinet. I am playing clarinet for three months.this problem happens occasionally and only on E3.

"Can you play test someone else's clarinet" , No my friends have Bb clarinet.
"
you are also using a very soft reed", Using 1/5 -> 2 reeds with vandoren 7jb mouthpiece recommended by vandoren company,infact producing sound with 2+ reeds is terrible by this mouthpiece.

A Bb Clarinet has the same fingering as a G Clarinet, just it's in a different key, unless you have an Albert System and they have Boehm Systems, or vice versa.

A Vandoren 7JB mouthpiece actually would be the LAST Vandoren mouthpiece I would recommend to a beginner on clarinet.

Can you be more detailed about your clarinet

make, Model, purchased new or used ?
Where did you purchase it from ?
Boehm or Albert keywork ( the only G's I've seen are Albert keywork)?
How have you been learning about playing the clarinet ?

A Vandoren 7JB mouthpiece actually would be the LAST Vandoren mouthpiece I would recommend to a beginner on clarinet.

Can you be more detailed about your clarinet

make, Model, purchased new or used ?
Where did you purchase it from ?
Boehm or Albert keywork ( the only G's I've seen are Albert keywork)?
How have you been learning about playing the clarinet ?

Thank you.
A Vandoren 7JB mouthpiece actually made for folk and jazz music and it's a proffesional mouthpiece & the last Vandoren mouthpiece after 5JB model.according to this mouthpiece details producing sound with 2+ reed is so hard and using 1/5 -> 2 reed recommended by vandoren.

My clarinet made in turkish and i purchased new.

"Boehm or Albert keywork ( the only G's I've seen are Albert keywork)"? it isAlbert keywork.

One of the my friend in college is a folk music player with G clarinet & he teach me G clarinet but he is in travel for his own private business right now.He tell to me "I must closly watch your instrument".

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom