Quick search terms to make your eBay life better, saxophone edition

-Mendini, -Taishan, -Glory, -Ammoon, -Pocket, -Xaphoon, -Lade

Feel more than free to copy and paste the above line into your ebay searches in the saxophone section. I did and the results were encouraging. I wasn't able to come up with accurate numbers, but it appears it currently cuts out about 80%+ of the undesirable listings that are simply heavily scrubbed product shots of stuff none of us are likely interested in.

+1. This is part of the list I generally use, too. Off the top of my head, "-phosphor" also gets rid of a lot of Chinese makes & models. If I remember, I'll post my search string exclusions.

In another thread, I hunt for saxophones in a specific price range. I've found that I can add mouthpiece maker names to my search to really pare down my list, like, for example, "-Macsax."

-mendini -sterling -macsax -phosphor -taishan -wanne -d'luca -cecilio -approved -WISEMANN -coltrane -warburton -optimum -barkley -potter -venus -oleg -xinghai -lade -abalone -glory -baptiste -lawton -audio -keyboard -ravel -benson -dragon -quality

I'm going to test more, but I think that there is a limit on the search terms you can use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. Just a couple more characters than the above. Checked using Advanced Search, too.

Back
Top Bottom