Rant of the day!

Ok ... so here's my problem.

My 2nd mini at school is on November 11th ... my comments from my prof after my 1st mini is I need to stretch myself more ... so with that in mind I put together a big band .. I'm doing 2 published charts and 1 of my own charts.

Sooo ... ... unfortunately i didn't even think about remembrance day being the day that all trumpet players across the world disappear ... but alas it is. EVERYONE has a gig ... it's insane.

I have 3/4 Trumpet players but none of them have that Lead sound I am looking for. So because all the students that I would normally ask to play lead are playing the last post somewhere, I have turned to trying to hire a professional - preferably someone i know, but if I don't so be it ... (I would rather take a hit in the pocket and have the sound the music requires than not having it)

Anyways ... I asked 2 pros I know quite well and both of them said that they would love to ... but one has a gig and one has a class -- they both said try again though. I asked another pro that I have an ensemble with ... and he said to me, "yes, I do have a gig remembrance day ... but even if I didn't, I don't play with students." (insert condescending tone) ... I mean how much of a jerk do you have to be. You could simply say I'm not available ... or Thank you for asking however I'm not interested at this time. But to say in essence ... i don't care if you pay me I wouldn't play .... sorry but you aren't anything special. I didn't even want to ask this person because I have never got a welcoming vibe off of him. ... but I'm desperate at this point because my mini is a week from today and I still don't have a trumpet player.

So alas ... the hunt continues.

Get everything in writing well in advance of the gig date.

This is part of the business and be glad you are learning it in school, rather than out there with your name in public.

So, no update? Maybe you'll wanna raid some local colleges. Not the frat houses, the music rooms. :emoji_rage:

Well I'ved talked to a few more people no one is as of yet available. 90% of people have a gig... 9% of people are otherwise busy and 1% of people just don't want to come in that early.

I asked my good friend Klaus ... he's just trying to get the date off work *crosses fingers*

So I got my friend Klaus! Thanks goodness!! :eek:).

I'll let you know how the mind goes :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom