Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Reed

Groovekiller

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
I have a A Selmer Mark VI tenor saxophone, serial number 80,XXX, with original lacquer. It was overhauled at Tenor Madness and tweaked by Music Medic. I use an original Guardala handmade Brecker model mouthpiece that I bought in the original box for $2600. I am 14 years old and I've been playing for more than a year.

Should I use a number 4 or a number 4 1/2 reed? I like Vandorens because they cost more and most of the local Vandoren dealers treat me like crap. Don't get me wrong, I like being treated like crap because abusers are experts sometimes. Please help.

Maybe a 5 is better.

Is my mouthpiece big enough?

I have a A Selmer Mark VI tenor saxophone, serial number 80,XXX, with original lacquer. It was overhauled at Tenor Madness and tweaked by Music Medic. I use an original Guardala handmade Brecker model mouthpiece that I bought in the original box for $2600. I am 14 years old and I've been playing for more than a year.

Should I use a number 4 or a number 4 1/2 reed? I like Vandorens because they cost more and most of the local Vandoren dealers treat me like crap. Don't get me wrong, I like being treated like crap because abusers are experts sometimes. Please help.

Maybe a 5 is better.

Is my mouthpiece big enough?

You're an idiot. Everyone knows all the good cane is long gone, and all the crap cane is over priced now. Buy synthetic you twit. :tongue:;-):)

Signed, An Expert :emoji_smile:

You crack me up Randy... Had an email like this recently by chance?

It makes no difference what reed you use, because a saxophone that old is certainly blown out and might as well be made into a lamp.

Wow, some of you guys are just not expert enough... At least based upon your politeness. ;-) :-D

Back
Top Bottom