Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Rousseau - Saxophone Vocalise

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday one of my instructors gave me Heiden's "Diversion (1943)" for alto sax and band to start working on. I'm playing against Eugene Rousseau's rendition from his 'Saxophone Vocalise' CD of 1995.

But I'm really liking the Gershwin Medley that is the first song on the CD. A quick check at SheetMusicPlus.com show's it's not available there. Was there ever a band version with a sax feature solo part? This is a long shot, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Saxophone Vocalise - I own it but haven't listened to it in a couple of years. My memory of it was that it was well done. Rousseau's tone is a bit on the bright side compared to what I really like but his technique is top notch. I don't mean to imply that his tone is bad just bright.

Rousseau's tone is a bit on the bright side compared to what I really like but his technique is top notch. I don't mean to imply that his tone is bad just bright.
Is this where someone asks for your credentials, a link to where they can buy your CD's, and proof that you aren't a 12 year old girl??
Oh, wait a minute, nobody mentioned you know who yet.

I hope that nonsense never starts here.

Back
Top Bottom