Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Saxello case needed - real King Saxello

Carl H.

Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member
Does anyone know of a case available which fits a King Saxello? We have a customer looking for a case for one. I've got a lead on one model, but am looking for more options, if they exist.

Doesn't have to be a genuine original case, just a case that fits and protects. Weight is not an issue.

Anything?

There are a couple of custom case makers out there. Helen might drop by and mention something ....

Carl, did you check with Chris at hnwhite.com? He has started to rebuild original H.N. White King cases, and might know of where to find such a beastie... Or he might even have one kicking around. Pop him an email if you haven't been in touch with him yet. That's where I would start. He's my go to guy for all original King stuff.

email sent!
Thanks Helen

no reply :(

I've talked with the webmaster there and he did reply promptly. He might just be a bit busy or something.

one of the current cannonball saxello cases? I've taken heat guns and ball peen hammers to cases to custom fit them to other horns. May be an option. Tap the back down on the curved bell. These have removable necks ya?

one of the current cannonball saxello cases? I've taken heat guns and ball peen hammers to cases to custom fit them to other horns. May be an option. Tap the back down on the curved bell. These have removable necks ya?
The King Saxello has a considerably more curved bell than does the Cannonball horn.

I'm aware of that.
But the overall design is there, and if you hammer the back end out it'll hold the bell. You can then go and put some sort of foam in there to support the bottom. At least that'll be a lot easier than forming one from a straight case.
You sure aren't gonna be able to buy a saxello case unless you get someone to build a custom case which is $$$

I still say you can mod a saxello case much much easier than anything else and for a lot less money

I fit it in my straight case with no issues. With minor modifications it will be a perfect fit.

Take almost any Bb soprano case, rip out all of the interior blocking/padding/velvet, and start over with dense grey foam, not yellow or white foam rubber. Normal white foam rubber compacts too easily.

Cut layers of foam to fit the horn. Plan the fitting ahead. Fitting is hard, cutting foam is easy. For a deluxe application, fit the horn a little loose, and then use velvet to cover the foam blocking. If the horn fits a little tight, that's good. The foam will take the impression of the instrument, and it is too soft to bend keys.

Back
Top Bottom