SeaWind Tenor Sax Review

Helen

Content Expert Saxophones
Staff member
Administrator
Today I published the SeaWind tenor sax review on my blog. As per usual, there are plenty of pics to look at as well. Also included are some video clips which feature Phil Dwyer playing the tenor, as well as the alto.

The tenor is very nice. Would I buy one: if I was in the market for a new tenor saxophone, and I was looking at that price point (around $3300 Cdn), I'd seriously consider it. These are very nice instruments that you don't have to take to your tech for a $300 set up after you get them. Claudio assembles and sets each and ever horn up beautifully in his shop before packaging it and sending it out to its destination.

Check out the review, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me here, or on the comments section of the article.

Nice review. I like the idea that a professional repair tech assembles the instrument checking for and fixing manufacturing glitches even before it is adjusted and regulated. The price point in US dollars is close to the selling price of the Cannonballs locally that are not assembled in the U.S. but they are checked, regulated, and acoustically "customized" here in Utah before they go out to the dealers.

I like the idea that a professional repair tech assembles the instrument checking for and fixing manufacturing glitches even before it is adjusted and regulated.

Yes, Claudio does really nice work as well. Since as we know, there are "techs", and then there techs.

When Claudio was at my house dropping off the the 2 horns, I had only played the bari for 5 minutes, when I asked him if he would have time to overhaul my curved soprano--which he did fit into his schedule--because his work was that good.

Claudio is first and foremost a sax player, which is why I believe, the SeaWind saxophones are so well set up.

Back
Top Bottom