Selmer Bass or Contra Bass mouthpiece

I came across 2 mouthpieces that I had from the early 60's. One is a Selmer D
for a contrabass (I think) clarinet) the other is a baritone sax mouthpiece.

I recently came across a mouthpiece in my basement that i'd like to know more about. It is either a Bass or Contra Bass mouthpiece. I tend to think it is a contrabass since I played that in the Army band. It says it is a Selmer D. I looked at Selmer's site and saw that if this Selmer D is a contrabass mouthpiece it is worth some money. If it is I'll sell it and use the money to buy a clarinet mouthpiece for either my
Soprano or Alto Sax.

I also came across a Bari Sax Mouthpiece. I did a little searching and found it is a Conn Eagle "Dill Pickle" Mouthpiece. There is a picture of an Eagle engraved on it and the words Trade Mark. Like the one above If it is worth it I will sell it for more musical supplies. It never ends :)

BTW does anyone here have a reedual? I have one but have not used it so much because of lack of time to learn how to use it. I'm disabled and between doctors, hositals and some volunteer work for rape victims. Thus leaving little time for what I really Love.

Thanks,

Steve

I got a Selmer C* for contrabass clarinet on eBay. I'm pretty sure it was less then $100. I don't like the way it plays but perhaps it has flaws that I didn't notice. It's hard to say when you've only played one. The D may be worth more.

Back
Top Bottom