Selmer Bundy or Jupiter JCL-673B

Hello everyone

I am sorry to post this here but it's such a big forum and I thought this might be the right place...
I am between purchasing one of those two instruments
Selmer Bundy (USA)
Jupiter JCL-673B
I am new to the bass clarinet and unfortunately cannot afford a lot but I have all the will to learn how to play so any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks a lot for your time and do excuse my poor english!

P.S I have both of the links from the website but I am not sure if I 'm allowed to post them here!

You can post links. New users that do post links have their links held until a moderator approves the post. This cuts down on spam.

Your English is better than mine and you know at least two languages, so there is nothing to apologize for.

I'm familiar with older Bundy equipment, in general, and I've played at least one of their bass clarinets. Our recommendation of one over the other is going to be based on condition. The Bundy is definitely no longer being made, so you'll be looking at a used instrument. I *think* the Jupiter JCL-673B is two or three generations old, so you'll probably be looking at a used one of those. My #1 opinion is that you should have your instructor play each and then tell you which to buy. My #2 opinion, sight unseen, both instruments in perfect condition, I'd take the Bundy. I've heard a lot of negative things about Jupiter saxophones over the years and I don't know if that extends to their other instruments.

Thank you very much for your response!
Sadly the market in my country is too poor regarding bass clarinets specifically , the new ones I 've found over thepast months have literally 40-60% higher price compared to the U.S market (is a paradise of woodwinds there). So unfortunately I have to buy an instrument over the internet and that makes it more difficult because my instructor won't be able to play it. Condition of both is used as far as I am concerned(pads new,no cracks,etc) although the Jupiter seller stated clearly to me that the instrument has just been overhauled and it plays great.
Is it possible to pm the two links I found just for someone to "identify"if the Selmer is indeed a bundy? I compared some pictures and it doesn't really look like the bundy (bell looks different) but I don't have the knowledge!
Thanks again and congratulations for the forum , I' ve been through the posts past week and I am learning a lot of interesting staff generally!
Keep it real!! :D

You can PM me, if you'd like, or just post them. One of our admins or our moderator will approve it.

Again, while my only real knowledge of bass clarinets comes from playing a few, I don't remember a Bundy's bell being remarkable. It's also possible that the horn's actually a Selmer USA horn, which, depending on how old it is, is just a Bundy with an improved name.

Sorry. I wanted to tag on something. You might want to contact Quinn the Eskimo. He's our forum sponsor and that's his banner at the top of this page. He might be able to work something better out for you. Dave Kessler at https://www.kesslerandsons.com might also be of some help. Sorry to say that I don't know any other people that sell clarinets internationally.

Back
Top Bottom