Selmer signet 100 special clarinet

Can someone tell me if this special selmer 100 clarinet is enough better than normal Selmer signet 100?And if is in similar level than yamaha 34?
I found it in good price,100 euro less than yamaha 34 and I think if to buy or not,or I wait to find yamaha 34 in good price?
other question:sometime I find used clarinet in good condition wood and keys,that need only to be repad,put new pads.It is cheap to put new pads and I can put it by myself or by someone that is not profesional tecnique repair-man.?..thanks

In the order of the Selmer USA clarinets
Soloist
Special
==> http://www.clarinetperfection.com/clsnSelmerUSA.htm#100

that being said, I can't recall much of a difference between the Special and 100 other than metal tenon caps. I think all of them had barrel screws, which is the low end of musical instruments.
The Yamaha 34 is better.

There is a reason something costs more than something else when all else is equal.
I think we've covered this multiple times in other threads.
But since you are on a limited budget, get the Special or 100.

as to pads,
Yes you can put them in yourself.
The question is can you put them in where the instrument is 100% playable the first time. That is where experience and technique comes into play.
And yes, there is a large distinct variance in quality of pads based on how much you may pay for them. Really cheap pads can be junk, whereas really expensive pads can cost more than this clarinet 100/Special itself.

Back
Top Bottom