Selmer spare parts

A few years back I bought a second hand Selmer Recital Eb clarinet. It's a great instrument, but the previous owner had the left eb lever removed. She didn't have it on her Bb clarinet and didn't want to get used to it.
The lever itself got lost somewhere. Probably the shop kept it after removing it. But it's been a few years now.
Is there any way that I can get hold of a spare part? I've tried to ask my local shop owner, but he says he can't get them.

Have you checked with an authorized Selmer dealer?

Failing that, there are some other options open to you: 1. Check with clarinet speciality shops to see what they recommend, 2. Speak to a shop that machines parts. They can make one for you. It will cost you some $$, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Let's see if our resident clarinet fellow can answer this a bit better. Paging @Steve clarinet question in aisle 7. ;)

Have you checked with an authorized Selmer dealer?

Failing that, there are some other options open to you: 1. Check with clarinet speciality shops to see what they recommend, 2. Speak to a shop that machines parts. They can make one for you. It will cost you some $$, and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Let's see if our resident clarinet fellow can answer this a bit better. Paging @Steve clarinet question in aisle 7. ;)
My local shop is an authorized Selmer dealer. So that's what I tried already. :)

Spare parts for professional clarinets is haphazard at best.
Buffet is known for just ignoring everyone.
Selmer Paris isn't much better.

But you can try contacting Conn-Selmer

They have a Clarinet Spare Parts search website, although the Recital Eb does not appear to be on the list though it does list a Recital A
(sign in as GUEST). Search instrument is Clarinet, then Selmer Paris

There is a Support button on the top right which you can try
First, Last Name, Phone, email and comment/questions

This may be your best bet. If they do have to part they could then ship it to a repair facility if not directly to you.

Back
Top Bottom