SJWS on YouTube

Heckelphone

Double Reed CE
Staff member
CE/Moderator
Our wind ensemble, the San Jose Wind Symphony recorded a few pieces for an audition DVD*, and posted them on YouTube:

You can see me in the first clip at around 1:30, playing contrabass clarinet (bass clarinet in the second clip).

Enjoy!

Grant

*Recorded at our sound check, which is why there is no applause...

Grant: Thanks for that. I listened to both clips start to finish. Thoroughly enjoyed it. DAVE

On our way to Mid-West Band Festival

Thanks guys :-D

Turns out we were accepted, and will be going to Chicago in December :-D

Let me know the specifics and I will try and get out to see you guys.

Midwest Band Clinic

Looks like they haven't finalized the schedule yet. I've been told that the community band (which would be us) always plays on the last night, but have no idea if that is accurate or not.

Will let you know when I hear :-D

Rumble rumble

Is that you at minute mark 1:29 on Nobles? What a stellar job of videography too. Nicely done music by the group.

If you mean the guy with gray hair, honking away on a Leblanc 350 contra, yeah, that's me. :D

I haven't been to the midwest clinic either and it's really close.

I just can't remember where they hold it.

New digs

Memory won't help you: they've moved the venue, starting with 2009, to McCormick Place West. I'll post again when they've assigned us a hall. :-D

Well I can find that!

When the time gets closer let me know via PM where you are staying and your schedule. I would love to get together for dinner or lunch should our schedules allow it.

Back
Top Bottom