Skylark

Good job tj! That's not an easy tune, but you do it justice. The bass player and guitarist look a lot alike so they must be related. :emoji_rage:

Did I ever tell you that I once made a gig with Hoagy Carmichael's brother? His name was Cheesesteak Carmichael! Hardy har har har har.....

Seriously man, good job.

Julian

Yes, but are you having fun. I would hazard a guess you are. One of my instructors would probably hammer you (like he does me) for holding back on your airstream in an attempt to get *that sound*. Don't ask me what that means as I haven't figured it out yet either.

If you really want to move to the next level, I'm guessing you are going to have to play with other saxes. Every time you don't hit a note in tune you and everyone in the room will know. And you can share tips, practice together, and learn from other peoples successes. Hope that makes sense.

So here's an example of me doing that last weekend. Not playing too bad now-a-days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AUoOmopWDE

Julian, thanks much for the kind words. I and my Roadster brothers appreciate it :)

I am having fun with the videos. It's a part of the woodshedding I'm doing. I wish I could find a gig with a swing big band like yours G. I think I have still a long way to go before I should expect any calls.

These days, I'm happy to be just working on my game. Balancing my airstream with good articulation is my big concentration of late. I think this has helped my tone and intonation. In the past, I would overblow and run out of air before the end of the phrase. Overtime I also feel this workout will help timing.

Thanks for the comments,
TJ

Back
Top Bottom