SOLD '21 Buescher TruTone bass sax

Gandalfe

Striving to play the changes in a melodic way.
Staff member
Administrator
'21 Buescher TruTone bass sax offered for $7300 including shipping from Seattle to the lower 48 states. It's gig ready and tweaked (in '08) by Paul Woltz. Includes:
  • Complete horn with neck
  • Conn Eagle picklebarrel and Paul Coats tweaked bari (for this bass) mouthpieces
  • Gloger silver neck
  • Mason new hard case
  • Gig bag (taken)
See and read more...

Last edited:
Merlin, I'll just send the gig bag to you. I owe you for a bunch of stuff you've sent me.

Lot's of people don't realize how expensive making the bass sax work for gigging can be. The Gloger was a pleasant surprise in that it cleared up some intonation and stuffy notes like the notorious D2 issues that used to require the side D3 fingering to make the notes pop. Doesn't make sense to me how much difference that neck made, but it is the only one I use on it now.

With the Eppelshiem bass sax (nsfw), this vintage Buescher doesn't get much quality time anymore. Suzy sez I should keep it, but I'd like to see it get played more.

Suzy sez I should keep it, but I'd like to see it get played more.

I'm with Suzy. You can never have too many bass saxes... Or shoes... ;-) Seriously, you should hang onto it, and this way you will have it should you ever need/want a back-up horn, or a 2nd bass for something. Besides, it doesn't care if it gets played.:emoji_rage:

I'm with Suzy. You can never have too many bass saxes... Or shoes... ;-) Seriously, you should hang onto it, and this way you will have it should you ever need/want a back-up horn, or a 2nd bass for something. Besides, it doesn't care if it gets played.:emoji_rage:
Totally agree. Keep it until I can afford a mortgage on a larger place.:)

It depends on the bed... (A long story)

Like a bass clarinet pitched in A, a bass sax is a nice thing to have...if you have the chops, the space and the bux. As those who have known me for a while, I once had an option to purchase a fully functioning Conn bass sax for the grand total of $600 (in real, US of A, money). (Its a relatively long story, even if it is interesting.)

I thought about it for a while and then opted instead to buy a sailboat instead. I dare say that I got far more utility out of the boat than I ever would out of the horn. Your mileage may vary, of course.

They do seem fascinating if you've never played one before. For that matter, the same could be said of a baritone when seen through the eyes of a non-baritone player. However, at the end of the day, those so fascinated get to go home, unencumbered by either the physical or the fiscal burdens of owning one.

They do look impressive, though, especially when they are new and shiny.

Back
Top Bottom