Speaking of rising from the ashes...

Last year was bleak for performing musicians. I didn't have a new year's eve gig for the first time in a long time. Most of my friends in the business tell the same story.

I played a combo gig last night for a Valentine's Day dinner party at the clubhouse of a gated community of mostly retired folks. We have a lot of them in Florida.

They hired us for new year's eve.

Maybe things are looking up?

Well the numbers don't support that. Unemployement continues to grow in numbers and victims. As I was telling my grandson Nicky yesterday, this may be the worse depression (yes, I said it, depression) in his lifetime.

Still a gig is a gig and it's good to hear that some people are still supporting the arts.

Well the numbers don't support that. Unemployement continues to grow in numbers and victims. As I was telling my grandson Nicky yesterday, this may be the worse depression (yes, I said it, depression) in his lifetime.

Still a gig is a gig and it's good to hear that some people are still supporting the arts.

I landed a gig on this year's Sechseläuten. :cool:
Sure, it's an unpaid gig (if you don't count booze and social status), but I ain't doing it for a living anyway.
For what I'm being paid I could work 70+ hours a week, but I don't know how long our industry is lagging behind the general situation.

Back
Top Bottom