Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Stencil Saxophone Names & Links Resource

J Klier Professional and Johannes Adler FX Huller stencils.

J Klier.jpg J Adler.jpg

An one that makes me go "Hmmm." Check out this horn. I think it's an F Kohler. Serial number fits (2590). The horn has an engraved name on the bell that I can't quite read: it's not "Cea." The seller says it's "Clou," and there are a couple threads on SOTW about other "Clou" horns:

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?226545-Has-anyone-heard-of-a-manufacturer-called-Clou
https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showt...g-if-anyone-could-give-me-any-information-abo

Wrapping it all up, it looks like "Clou" is a stencil name and there were a lot of manufacturers that provided stencils to "Clou," whatever that might be.

Yup, Orsi made a number of Voss instruments I've seen over the years. (I really need to get my stuff copied over. I need not to be as picky as I have been, and do just what you do Pete, and just get it done. ;) )

(I really need to get my stuff copied over. I need not to be as picky as I have been, and do just what you do Pete, and just get it done. ;) )
What I need to do is stop going online and finding new makes/models I should add. There are some nice Keilwerth Specials on ebay right now ...

What you said. ^^^^^

I have downloaded so many new images, and continue to do so, but haven't even got my old ones uploaded and updated yet. Bad saxophone librarian, Helen, bad.... :p:D

Last week, we had the hurricane to deal with -- yes, I live in Arizona. This was the first time that a tropical storm did anything significant to Arizona in years. We got about 3" of rain where I live. Other places got 6"+. Anyhow, this dropped the temperature and raised the humidity to 86%, so my head asploded again. Past couple days, the humidity dropped back down to (today), 36%, so my head is asploding right now. Migraines triggered by weather change. Yay.

Regarding copying stuff over, I did upload all the B&S pics from the old 4images gallery last weekend. I see I have two Series 1000 folders, but that's not a big deal.

I'm not going to look for it again, but I also saw a Selmer Pennsylvania that was really a Beaugnier Special Perfect.

The Gracin is interesting since the engraving actually reads "Alt" as well. In German that means alto.

Try as I might I could not see any other letters after the "t" in "Alt", which makes me wonder if this Hammerschmidt was stencilled for a German company???

Thanks for finding this one Pete!

You're welcome. I hadn't seen that name before. I actually didn't even see "Alt" in the engraving. It's pretty light. I agree with you that there doesn't look like there's an "O."

Did some brief Googling. There was a Gracin music store in New York, which is also referenced here. I also found a page on ClarinetPages that features a German-made Gracin clarinet.

Back
Top Bottom