Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Sticky Pads

For the past 2 weeks, the pads on my clairnet have become really sticky, could be because of the weather I guess, but does anyone have any ideas as to why? Or how to fix it, besides the cloth under them and pulling out?
Thanks

Robin said:
could be because of the weather I guess, but does anyone have any ideas as to why?
Where are you located and what is your weather?

Robin said:
southern ontario, canada, the weather's moslty been really cold, and lots of snow,
Have you been keeping the bore oiled? Really cold = dry, too much bore oil can lead to pad issues.

Robin, welcome. I'm just north of Detroit probably just west of you somewhere.

stocky pads can be from many things. Which key is it ?
what kind of pad(s) is sticky? a cork, leather, bladder ?
what temperature is it where you are playing ?

I normally use a thin piece of soft felt (from a clothing hobby store) and put under the keys, slightly close and somewhat turn it in a circle. Cleans up any type of gunk quite quickly.

I really don't have the answer you are asking .. but we can speculate. Maybe the cold weather slightly shrinks the felt in the pad and make the skin slightly looser, thus it seems to stick more ?
(one guess)

hello
several keys, alternate key to F# in the higher regester, if that makes sense, as well as the Eflat key and C# key. Thinking/hoping it could just be the weather, because they arent as bad as they were, and I've tried the putting cloth under, it worked..for about 2 minutes,

your weather idea makes sense, I guess I'll see when it starts to warm up, which it hopefully will soon
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom