Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

The physical side of a band

What's the latest word on the fronts?

The finished article, complete with photos, was sent off to Ed some time ago. Just where he puts these things around here, I still have no idea.

There should be three of them:

• The most useful, from my perspective, is the one on how to put together a band book. Every step is there, from acquiring the original music, through organizing the book through a numbering system that allows for insertions, to how to actually put the pages of the charts together and how to house them for easy retrieval.

• The first article is one that I did on my baritone stand. This was a design that my father and I came up with many, many years ago, and I've been using it ever since. Almost impossible to overturn, with provisions for multiple horns (my normal show setup is baritone, bass clarinet, flute and clarinet, but it can easily accommodate soprano sax, tenor or alto (or tenor and alto) and bassoon. My bass clarinet/alto/tenor stands were made by a firm that's been out of business for many years, but you can still find them on eBay. The baritone stand (with clarinet pegs) still works without them.

• This most recent one is on the stand fronts. Same general pattern, although this one was more process oriented than concept oriented. (Logos on stands are nothing new, but relief logos on plastic stands are a bit rare.)

But, where they are, I don't know. Perhaps Pete will enlighten us...

Last edited by a moderator:
Those would be very interesting articles to read Terry. I expect we'll get them up quickly now.

Suzy is completing banners for the Microsoft Jazz Band's performance this week. As told in my blog, the Bis Key Chronicles, the selection of stand fronts vs. banners can be very contentious.

y1pyQLHVLlD1phVLVXhttHCzAPFIdIDUSiokGtSVeqI-kbDxO9uNedipguaPrhgELMD92mKgIvXG-NR_Dd85pXQSQ

I have them at the office since they came in as an Office 2007 doc. I just need to convert it into a html page and throw it on the main site. Look for it this week.

Back
Top Bottom