Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

The Virtual Flute

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
While I was searching for something completely different, I ran across http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/music/flute/virtual/main.html

Here's a quote from that page:

"There are approximately 40,000 fingerings for the Boehm flute. These results are based on theoretical calculations, using a theory that agrees well with experiment for the hundred or so acoustic impedance spectra we have measured."

In other words, have fun with an almost complete fingering chart :).

I'll have to work at the flute a bit harder to elevate my playing from half assed to half hearted.

On the flute, I can play fast in the easy keys but only half fast in the hard ones.

Thanks pete!

I'm still trying to sound good using the fingerings on the Rubank fingering chart.

Groovekiller - I re-did the fingering charts that came from Rubank and the Wagner book. IIRC, I found a couple of the fingerings in Rubank to be wrong; the Wagner book had this really weird method to show fingering. Instead of which fingers to press down the Wagner book was using which holes are open or closed which can be a bit confusing when you're first learning.
What I did looks somewhat like the tabs for guitar and shows which fingers are pressed down, which makes it much easier than the way Wagner did.

Back
Top Bottom