Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

Trevor Wye's Practice Book for the Piccolo

After years of looking for a good structured way of improving my flute playing, I found the Wye Tone and Technique books. In fact, it's time to get off the Internet and go practice.

I am continuing to use the TONE book which is a great help, but I'm not gettiing out the TECHNIQUE book what I thought I might. Any suggestions on how to go thru it?

I am continuing to use the TONE book which is a great help, but I'm not gettiing out the TECHNIQUE book what I thought I might. Any suggestions on how to go thru it?

I concentrate on the Machiavellian Exercises...then play them up the octave.

I've gotten a couple beginner books and by far the best one, in my opinion, is the Trevor Wye beginner books. I've also gotten the omnibus edition and have been doing the practices for tone.

It's funny that this thread is here. I just borrowed "A Piccolo Practice Book" from the library here in Philadelphia (yes, our library is awesome!). Anyhow, I was looking for places to purchase this book to own, and lo and behold, this post comes up. Anyhow, this is day two with the book, and even though I haven't found a lot of material for Piccolo to try, this book seems to have it all. Practice sections for Tone, Intonation, Articulation, Dynamics, Alternate Fingerings, all using practical orchestral exerpts. My only issue (and this is a small one here) is that I like to put my videos up on youtube as promotional material, and unfortunately most of the exercises don't have a definitive beginning or ending. Anyhow, I'm gonna go back and try to find this book online to purchase. If you're gonna own one piccolo book, own this one. :)

Back
Top Bottom