Vandoren leather ligature

I was wanting to buy a vandoren leather clarinet ligature, but it looks like they only sell them for German clarinet. Will it fit? I use a 5rv lyre mouthpiece.

Capture.PNG

(From http://www.vandoren-en.com/Bb-CLARINET-LIGATURES_r46.html)

You're just looking at the wrong part number. There's one for "regular" Bb clarinet and one for "German" Bb clarinet. (IIRC, the mouthpieces on Oehler system horns are generally a bit narrower than on Boehm system horns.)

FWIW, it really doesn't matter if it's "German clarinet" or not. The real question is, "Does it fit my mouthpiece?" I've not used your make/model mouthpiece, so I don't know if it would. If no one here has used that combination, contact Vandoren directly and ask. They should respond pretty quickly to, "I want to buy your ligature." :)

Dude. The part # for "regular Bb" is LC21L and the one for "Bb German System" is LC25L. "German clarinet" isn't popular enough to be listed twice :p. Just look for the part number.

Me said:
I've not used your make/model mouthpiece, so I don't know if it would fit. If no one here has used that combination, contact Vandoren directly and ask. They should respond pretty quickly to, "I want to buy your ligature." :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom