Wanted: Student Alto/Tenor Sax

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
I had a co-worker come up to me and say he wanted to "pick up" the sax. Yes, I gave him my normal beginner speech (he's a vocalist/guitarist/bassist in a local band) and talked with him about what he's trying to do.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have that much to spend: appx. $300 for an alto or $500 for a tenor. I'd prefer to get the guy Yamaha or Vito-branded Yamaha horns.

He's going to take care of the horn(s). I know that much :).

Pete, get in touch with saintsday on sotw. He usually has some vito's and yamaha's available and normally they are ready to play.

Pete. I have a Jupiter alto that is lying around.
I havn't had a chance to play it yet, but it looks pretty solid.
I could pass it on for what I paid (really cheap). I'll run it through the wringer tomorrow and let you know.

Stephen

After doing a quick internet search, this Jupiter SAS 767 is from 1987.
I know the older Jupiters are the ones to be wary of. I'll give it a spin
in the a.m. and let you know.
Stephen

BTB: PM sent to saintsday and Connical.

If it was a Yani or something in good shape, I'd tell the guy to fork over some cash, but I'll pass on a Jupiter student horn.

BTB: PM sent to saintsday and Connical.

If it was a Yani or something in good shape, I'd tell the guy to fork over some cash, but I'll pass on a Jupiter student horn.

I understand, bit of a gamble. I do have a Vito/Yamaha but it's missing the neck. I do have an extra Bundy Special/Keilwerth neck, but don't want to part with it if necessary. Does anyone have a M1 neck lying around ?

Looks like HaRon's comment was extremely helpful: saintsday sent me pictures of a couple ugly, but good playing shape horns and my friend wants to buy one.

Thanks to everyone and especially HaRon and saintsday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom