Wanted x2

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
These are both for my wife; she's one of her middle-school's band instructors.

* Clarinet. Preferably something on the new-ish side. Wooden. Good condition. Something like, say, a Yamaha YCL-34. Looking to pay around the $200 range. Would possibly be able to trade a 1981 wooden Selmer Signet 100 (nice horn, but needs all new corks, pads, felts and possibly some springs ...).

* Trombone. My wife's currently using a beat-up, broken (i.e. the slide occasionally comes off when it's slid) Conn 4H from 1933. Something non-beat-up would be preferred; student-model is fine. Looking to pay around the $250 range.

I don't know if your wife would be interested in this, but I have an older SML Paris that I would be willing to part with.

It's wearing new pads and corks, has nickle keys, and plays very well top to bottom. The only problem it has are 2 stable cracks in the bell.
I think it has a better sound than the Signet 100 even with the cheap B45 knock off mouthpiece.

Run it by her and see what she thinks. I can send pics if there is an interest, and we can go from there.

SML Paris
Oooh, these are nice! I once had one (an SML Lemaire Paris) and for reasons still not entirely clear to me I sold it. Maybe I was unconsciously making room for my Marigaux. :cool:
And a crack in the bell isn't the end of the world, especially when it's stable. Fill with wood dust and superglue, voilà.

I don't know if your wife would be interested in this, but I have an older SML Paris that I would be willing to part with.

It's wearing new pads and corks, has nickle keys, and plays very well top to bottom. The only problem it has are 2 stable cracks in the bell.
I think it has a better sound than the Signet 100 even with the cheap B45 knock off mouthpiece.

Run it by her and see what she thinks. I can send pics if there is an interest, and we can go from there.
She's sorta interested. She doesn't know much about clarinet brands beyond Selmer, so I had to explain a bit about SML. Pics would be nice: you can either post here (we've got albums) or you can send to thesaxinfo@gmail.com. Thanks very much.

=============

Flag is about a 4 hour drive from Phoenix :). That's almost $60 in gas ....

I'll definitely do some more eBay checking, then, but if anyone else has something interesting, please gimmee a yell.

I'll put the pics up tomorrow.
Now where did I put the good camera..... :???:

There you go Pete.
I tried to get all the 'important' stuff. I did try to get good shots of the cracks in the bell, but the camera was being difficult. I put in about an hour on it. It plays well enough as is for me, but may need a few tweaks to suit the new owner. You know how that is.

If it's not something you are interested in, that's fine. I have it, I don't use it, and just thought I would toss it out for you to concider.

I forgot to add that if Pete isn't interested, I'll be willing to deal with anyone else who may want to give this clarinet a new home.

Flag is about a 4 hour drive from Phoenix :). That's almost $60 in gas ....

I'll definitely do some more eBay checking, then, but if anyone else has something interesting, please gimmee a yell.

I'm planning a trip to Flagstaff soon, by no later than Saturday afternoon.
(looking at a pony for my wife) If it's still available, and in decent shape , I'll buy it. On my next trip to the valley of the sun, I can drop it off for your evaluation. If you don't want it, I'll sell it on Ebay. Olds from that time period made some solid brasswinds.
Stephen

I'm planning a trip to Flagstaff soon, by no later than Saturday afternoon.
(looking at a pony for my wife) If it's still available, and in decent shape , I'll buy it. On my next trip to the valley of the sun, I can drop it off for your evaluation. If you don't want it, I'll sell it on Ebay. Olds from that time period made some solid brasswinds.
Stephen
Kewl! Thanks.

I forgot to add that if Pete isn't interested, I'll be willing to deal with anyone else who may want to give this clarinet a new home.
Beauty! I'll ask the wife about it a little later.

Hey, Steve, what do you think about that crack?

If Steve gives you a thumbs up about the cracks, and your wife would like to give it a try....I'll send it out to you. Play on it for a week or so. If she likes it, send what you think is a fair price minus the initial shipping.
If not, ship it back.

If Steve gives you a thumbs up about the cracks, and your wife would like to give it a try....I'll send it out to you. Play on it for a week or so. If she likes it, send what you think is a fair price minus the initial shipping.
If not, ship it back.
I'll send you PM-age in just a moment.

Thanks, Tammi!

Unfortunately, Connical's trombone is no longer available, so I'm still looking for one of those.

Back
Top Bottom