Well, I'd read the fine manual -- if there was one

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
So, I've mentioned that I'm moving my picture galleries from Gallery 3 to Piwigo because Gallery 3 is no longer being developed. While I'm not happy about Gallery 3 going away, Piwigo has a bunch of features I really like. However, I kept on having one problem: the pictures I had uploaded to Piwigo would come up with the "broken picture" icon, but would eventually pop-up if you refreshed the screen often enough. I didn't know why. I didn't have this problem in Gallery 3 and the Piwigo software has an almost identical "back end" (the same kind of database, picture generation software, etc.). Hey, the Piwigo manual is pretty brief. It's a two step process: upload via FTP and press a big, friendly button.

So, I hit the web. I initially thought it was just some sort of server configuration thing, so I searched for "slow picture download piwigo."

Putting together a couple bits of information, when you upload the photos, they go in your "Caddie." You then select the pictures and press a button to generate thumbnails, otherwise the thumbnails won't be generated until a user accesses the page the picture is on. Woah. Important feature. I'm glad I didn't follow the advice of other threads on Piwigo.org to just delete it.

I have a lot of computer-related stuff I'm doing because I have/had Christmas, today, Saturday, and Sunday off. One of things I've been doing is copying the text (an example) and HTML markup (an example is this table) from my Gallery 3 to Piwigo (good example of the finished product). It's a few step process, but it's going fairly quickly. It's just another thing on my long list of "fix it" projects ....

Back
Top Bottom