Untitled Document

Advertisement Click to advertise with us!

WF New People Introductions

saxismyaxe

Friends of the WF
Distinguished Member
(Edit, from pete: I split this from the Introducing the Staff thread ...)

Hey,
I know you! :emoji_smile: Hi Pete.

I think everyone is going to know everyone else here, at least for the very first few weeks or so.
Never the less,
My name is Michael, a.k.a. Saxismyaxe, and I'm addicted to Saxophones. I think I'm in good company too.;)

Re: The Official Unofficial Get to Know the Staff Thread!

Hi Mike. Slumming this morning? ;)

Re: The Official Unofficial Get to Know the Staff Thread!

Hi Suzy,

I've got about four screens going between everyone here! Jim on SOTW, Ed on Google Talk and you on WF.:D
"Ain't" technology great.;)

WF New People Introductions ('08)

I thought it might be nice to have a thread for all the new people who join this forum. Me, I played clarinet throughout high school, took a break and then four years ago started up on the soprano clarinet again. Since then I have added saxophone. I have played in a number of theater pit orchestra on alto, tenor sax and clarinet. In the Woodinville Community Band I play Eb and Bb soprano clarinet. In the Woodinville Jazz ensemble I play alto sax.

Re: WF New People Introductions ('08)

Just dropping-by to say hello to Suzy, Jim, Pete, Ed and others. Many already know whom I am but for those who don't well, I play saxophone, mainly tenor and bari and am currently playing in two saxophone quartets. I also play bass guitar (elect) at quite a decent level - Unfortunately I do not play other woodwin. I bought a clarinet a little over a year ago with the intent of learning to play it but the clarinet needs repairs and I haven't got around yet to get it fixed (i know :emoji_rolling_eyes: ) but i'd still would like to learn the clarinet some day... so maybe who know? This forum might inspire me to get started on that.

Yeah, me too Kim. And since this is a forum devoted to Woodwinds, and I see you have a section on Pipes, I might be provoked into discussing at length my Great Highland, Irish Uilleann, English Northumbrian, and Lowland bellows Bagpipe making/playing/collecting fetish. :D

A treat for myself and a select group, a threat for others. :emoji_rage:

saxismyaxe said:
..., I might be provoked into discussing at length my Great Highland, Irish Uilleann, English Northumbrian, and Lowland bellows Bagpipe making/playing/collecting fetish.
Somehow I always suspected that about you Mike. :emoji_astonished:

Kim, the clarinet will grow on you, so be careful. I now own a sop, alto, bass, and contrabass clarinet or two. Scary how that happened. :ugeek:

Gandalfe said:
saxismyaxe said:
..., I might be provoked into discussing at length my Great Highland, Irish Uilleann, English Northumbrian, and Lowland bellows Bagpipe making/playing/collecting fetish.
Somehow I always suspected that about you Mike. :emoji_astonished:

Kim, the clarinet will grow on you, so be careful. I now own a sop, alto, bass, and contrabass clarinet or two. Scary how that happened. :ugeek:
Are you saying I'm a windbag, play one, or both? :emoji_smile:

saxismyaxe said:
...I might be provoked into discussing at length my Great Highland, Irish Uilleann, English Northumbrian, and Lowland bellows Bagpipe making/playing/collecting fetish. :D

Please don't! Somewhat that scares me a little ... must be something to do with my French genes (and BTW who gave you the permission to hijack my thread, uh? ;) )

Certainly you must have heard the joke about why bag pipe players march as they play? :emoji_rage:

Kim and Mike,

Big welcomes all around.

Glad to see both of you.

kcp said:
Please don't! Somewhat that scares me a little ... must be something to do with my French genes (and BTW who gave you the permission to hijack my thread, uh? ;) )

Certainly you must have heard the joke about why bag pipe players march as they play? :emoji_rage:

Kim,
Well you know the French have their own bagpipe, the cornemuse or musette! Here is an example:
http://www.hotpipes.com/fhp9.html

Ed,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looks like you are in fine and esteemed company with your first members, yours truly exempted. ;)

Hijack over. :cool:

Hi Everyone,

Been playing the sax since 1974 and clarinet since 1978. Took a few years off after I decided music was not the way to go in college (due to health & future potential financial reasons). Then jumped back on board some time ago now.

I love the sax and clarinet. I play soprano, alto and tenor sax and Bb clarinet in duets, trios, quartets, college bands, big bands, and any other organization that needs a sub for short term duty. I also do alot of clarinet repair work even though my main day job is in Information Technology.

I also fiddle with the Piano (since 1970), flute and cello 1983ish plus a quagmire of other instruments. In the warm months you'll find me on the road (on a bicycle) most of the time when my 4 kids and other hobbies allow it - don't ask how many bicycles I have either, I think it outnumbers my instruments.

Hi folks,

Good to see many familiar faces here.

I'm playing flutes, clarinets, saxes, bassoon and recorders these days, mostly with big bands, orchestras and in theatre.

I'm doing some subbing in the Toronto production of White Christmas this week, then off to play with the Kingston Symphony in January.

Merlin,

Happy to have you here. I'm looking forward to you sharing your knowledge with a whole new community.

Merlin said:
Hi folks,

Good to see many familiar faces here.

I'm playing flutes, clarinets, saxes, bassoon and recorders these days, mostly with big bands, orchestras and in theatre.

I'm doing some subbing in the Toronto production of White Christmas this week, then off to play with the Kingston Symphony in January.
Merlin, I'm playing the sound bites you sent me this year. I luv your classical stuff. Wonder what your jazz stuff sounds like?

Gandalfe said:
Merlin, I'm playing the sound bites you sent me this year. I luv your classical stuff. Wonder what your jazz stuff sounds like?

There's not much of my jazz playing available on record. I've got tons of private recordings of the Ellington tribute band I lead, as well as a few tracks here and there as sideman on other peoples discs.

Hi guys,

I play the saxophone (most of the time on alto and baritone) and flute since 1997. I'm Brazilian and just 22 years old. I play in some big bands and I'm trying to get a RockaBilly band to play the tenor, but nothing till now.

Happy new Year.

L

Howdy, L?o!

Welcome to the new forum. Kick the tires. Enjoy some of the new sights.

Hello - as well as my obvious affection for elderly and oft-abused minority saxophones :emoji_rolling_eyes: I also enjoy playing clarinet. Along the way I've aquired a cute little 'eefer', several C's and even more Bb's, plus an enhanced A, and a couple of Eb alto's.

Alan.

Back
Top Bottom