WF New People Introductions

Minimally the VII is the most interesting horn Selmer ever made in that they tried to do some things with it that were a serious departure from their previous efforts or their subsequent efforts.

If may small hands could get around a VII tenor I would still own the one I had.

Ed Svoboda said:
Minimally the VII is the most interesting horn Selmer ever made in that they tried to do some things with it that were a serious departure from their previous efforts or their subsequent efforts.

If may small hands could get around a VII tenor I would still own the one I had.
my small hands do get around my VII after some keywork tweaks

Most people measure hand breadth by how many octaves on a piano they span. Saxophonists measure them by make/model of saxophone they can play.

Oh dear, already been posting but no intro, sorry for that.

I'm Ron, late bloomer with music, even later bloomer with saxes. Started 20 years ago on trumpet and after several years made the switch to T-bone wich I still play in community bands and a bigband, also some combowork when needed. Several years ago there was a small bet going on involving me and a saxophone and there it happened. Still playing my Tbone in the bands but the switch is slowly in progress :D (Hey, had to learn a bit first), practice time is about 90+% sax, the Tbone gets the rest. Yes, I'm hooked.
Substituting in a second comm. band on tenor now and also on tenor in a 3 piece hornsection with a fun bluesband. Interested in way to many sax-related items, history, models, players etc etc. Great fun though, have to catch up a lot. Next step hopefully is switching rows in bigband.

I've always played bass so most of the time I was on Bach Stradivarius 50B open wrap. But only with a F attachement. About 2 years ago my collegue on second chair started playing bass in another comm band and he got a a brand new Edwards. We decided it was best for him to do the same in both comm bands so I switched to 2nd chair using my trusted Yamaha 648 (4B).
He also joined our bigband so there I switch between 4th (on the Bach) and 3rd (Yamaha), whatever is needed.

Welcome HaRon. It's nice to have a versatile player in any band. I am called upon to play any of the saxes and sometimes bass clarinet. It really keeps it interesting doesn't. One song you are playing tenor sax and the next you have the bass sax intro solo to Honk.

Carl H here. Semi retired violinist who plays percussion and single reeds. These days I seem to be playing more clarinet than anything else. After cracking my much loved pre WWII Noblet Bb doing pit work, I am on a quest for a newer setup I can be equally happy with. Currently playing an SML 5* with a Sumner 3, and looking for a barrel and ligature.

Hi Carl. As a hey it's a small world moment, I went to high school in Edina my senior year.

Wish you lived closer 'cuz you could visit and try my many brands o' clarinets to see what you might like. It will be interesting to hear what you finally choose as a new instrument.

After a short struggle with the username/password/login process, I think everything is working for me. For the moderators, I just changed everything including my username.

My name is Randy Emerick. I've been a professional woodwind doubler since 1969. In this day and age, I can't believe there are any gigs left, but they keep calling.

I play all saxophones, flute, alto flute, bass flute, clarinet, and bass clarinet. I specialize on tenor and bari saxes, clarinet and bass clarinet.

I don't have a website, but my Myspace page, with sound clips, videos and photos is located here:

http://www.myspace.com/saxpsychosis

It's Randy!

Thanks for viewing our little experiment. Honored to have you aboard.

If you need your username changed, drop me a PM or e-mail and I'll get it done for you.

Years ago I played in a group called the Atlantean Driftwood band. It grew out of the house band at Bachelors III, a nightclub in Ft Lauderdale. The leader was Peter Graves.

Members of that band read like a who's who of jazz players, including Mark Colby, Bobby Economo, Jaco Pastorius, Eric Traub, Billy Ross, Neal Bonsanti, etc.

The band got divided into 2 parts. The higher voices wre the Groovekillers and the low voices were the Root-huggers (Hug a root = play the tonic of the chord). I played baritone sax, so I was a Root-hugger, but I have used Groovekiller because most people would misinterpret Root-Hugger.

Back
Top Bottom