What's Wrong with this Picture?

pete

Brassica Oleracea
Staff member
Administrator
No Googling allowed! Not that it would help. :)

Attachments

• capture.jpg
    capture.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 261
I think the end plug was put on, and then the neck put on the end plug. (I saw someone selling and old B&S stencil horn--pre-German reunification--that way). But since I'm not allowed to use Google, I can't look it up in my gallery to see what name it was stencilled under.) ;)

MPC cap in the body and neck into the MPC cap.

The extension looks too long to be just a metal end plug. My guess is that there is a metal mouthpiece cap included as well. The origin may be Canadian, due to the strong resemblance to a "long necked goose". One will know for sure if when it is played it goes "honk, honk, eh". ;-) (apologies to Helen)

Dang Carl beat me to it. He must think and type faster than I do.

Actually, that's what I meant. :) Here's the photo I was referring to.

I'm currently working on the B&S Gallery on my website, so last night I happened across the folder of images that contain thsese pics.

I'm not 100% convinced that this Amethyst tenor was indeed made by B&S in its pre-unification of Germany days. It might be something else, so I'm researching it more, but whatever it is, it definitely has a cap in the socket. ;)

Bell Engraving.jpgFront View Lower Portion.jpg
Front View Upper Portion.jpgFront View.jpgLeft Side Upper Portion.jpgNeck Right Side.jpg

Teh winnar!

I'm fairly sure that this was the first time I've seen this *ahem* assembly technique. IIRC, there's another photo in the ad where the mouthpiece cap is placed right next to the mouthpiece.

Oh. For the very few conversion attempts I've seen for high pitch to low pitch, it's making the neck longer at the mouthpiece receiver end. It might be interesting to look into the acoustics of either approach, although neither would convert an HP sax to a LP one, of course.

Back
Top Bottom